My sketchbooks are a place of pure play for me. Sketching is a way to experience where I am, a way of relating to where I live, what I’m doing, and where I’m going. With a sketchbook available, I always have entertainment – sketching people while waiting in line at Costco or the back of a pickup truck when stuck in traffic.

My sketchbox has traveled to Japan, Central America and Europe, and I can look at these and I’m immediately drawn back to what it was like to be there. I can remember exactly what was going on around me, even though it was years ago.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

More Spring on Whidbey and Coming Events!






 I have been out and about with my sketchbook this week, yesterday at a friend's house in Central Whidbey. I couldn't get past this great old rocker on the front porch, framed by the rhododendrons.
One of the best things about our spring!

And Other Events!
A Matter of Taste  opening this coming Saturday at the Brackenwood Gallery in Langley.
A good reason to visit Whidbey!



  On June 8, I will be teaching a one day "Sketching Everywhere" workshop at the Cole Gallery
              in Edmonds, Wa. We will be out and about sketching some beautiful sights!
       http://coleartstudio.com/sketching-anywhere-watercolor-journaling-w-faye-castle
                                              Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment