My sketchbooks are a place of pure play for me. Sketching is a way to experience where I am, a way of relating to where I live, what I’m doing, and where I’m going. With a sketchbook available, I always have entertainment – sketching people while waiting in line at Costco or the back of a pickup truck when stuck in traffic.

My sketchbox has traveled to Japan, Central America and Europe, and I can look at these and I’m immediately drawn back to what it was like to be there. I can remember exactly what was going on around me, even though it was years ago.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Much Merriment at Studio 106


This week, the sketchers gathered at Studio 106 in Langley and
sketched a local citizen volunteer in her full spring color.
She was great! Thank you Sharon!

And a hat to match!

No comments:

Post a Comment