My sketchbooks are a place of pure play for me. Sketching is a way to experience where I am, a way of relating to where I live, what I’m doing, and where I’m going. With a sketchbook available, I always have entertainment – sketching people while waiting in line at Costco or the back of a pickup truck when stuck in traffic.

My sketchbox has traveled to Japan, Central America and Europe, and I can look at these and I’m immediately drawn back to what it was like to be there. I can remember exactly what was going on around me, even though it was years ago.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Whidbey Island Mobile Studio


Whidbey is such a beautiful place to live, but sometimes a mobile studio (my car....) is the best place to sketch. This is a view of Cultus Bay on South Whidbey, sketched from Hammons Preserve on a bit of a gray day...


No comments:

Post a Comment