My sketchbooks are a place of pure play for me. Sketching is a way to experience where I am, a way of relating to where I live, what I’m doing, and where I’m going. With a sketchbook available, I always have entertainment – sketching people while waiting in line at Costco or the back of a pickup truck when stuck in traffic.

My sketchbox has traveled to Japan, Central America and Europe, and I can look at these and I’m immediately drawn back to what it was like to be there. I can remember exactly what was going on around me, even though it was years ago.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring in La Conner

FAVORITE THINGS IN LA CONNER:- the snow geese,
the tulips and Christenson's Nursery.
A warm oasis off Best Road near La Conner,
Christenson's Nursery is filled with colorful blooms,
an infinite variety of roses, and the love of growing things
evident everywhere. These sunny parakeets were in the gift shop.
If you go, be sure to check out the potting shop too!
And an additional treat was a short catch-up visit with
Toni and John Christenson. Creative, amazing people.
http://www.christiansonsnursery.com/


And tulips sketched from Sue's mobile studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment