My sketchbooks are a place of pure play for me. Sketching is a way to experience where I am, a way of relating to where I live, what I’m doing, and where I’m going. With a sketchbook available, I always have entertainment – sketching people while waiting in line at Costco or the back of a pickup truck when stuck in traffic.

My sketchbox has traveled to Japan, Central America and Europe, and I can look at these and I’m immediately drawn back to what it was like to be there. I can remember exactly what was going on around me, even though it was years ago.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Farm and Garden Sketching

One of my favorite places here is the Cultus Bay Nursery, tucked back into the
trees on South Whidbey. Described as "A Whiff of England"
in a NYT article a few years ago. 
It is charming and beautiful and so inviting!
http://www.cultusbaynursery.com/index.html
 This is one of our planned stops on the Whidbey Sketching Weekend.
http://www.whidbeyislandfas.com/workshops/fcastle_2013.html


Tree frogs were chirping and hummingbirds flew about
even in late August.


More Whidbey on September 21 and 22 at Quail Run Farm on the
annual farm tour.

A grand old red rooster!

This is a little oil sketch of our kyaks that sold
this last weekend on our Studio Tour!


No comments:

Post a Comment