My sketchbooks are a place of pure play for me. Sketching is a way to experience where I am, a way of relating to where I live, what I’m doing, and where I’m going. With a sketchbook available, I always have entertainment – sketching people while waiting in line at Costco or the back of a pickup truck when stuck in traffic.

My sketchbox has traveled to Japan, Central America and Europe, and I can look at these and I’m immediately drawn back to what it was like to be there. I can remember exactly what was going on around me, even though it was years ago.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Whidbey Farms



                     I love sketching the late summer reds and golds of the Greenbank Farm hills.
                              There are acres of winding trails through grasslands and woods.


Just a little farther on Northbluff Road is Pronkin Pastures Alpaca Farm.
Curious, friendly, gentle, we sketched for several hours while they grazed and 
napped all around us. 

                               
                                One rescued llama resident  acts as a watchdog and protector.
                                She reminded me of a dignified Daumier caricature!
We will be sketching some of these  and other great places during The WIFAS September 
13-15 Sketching Whidbey Workshop!  
http://www.whidbeyislandfas.com/workshops/fcastle_2013.html
               The following weekend is the Whidbey Farm Tour http://www.whidbeyfarmtour.com/





Quick afternoon and evening color notes from our Mutiny Bay Beach.
                                      No where else I would rather be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment