My sketchbooks are a place of pure play for me. Sketching is a way to experience where I am, a way of relating to where I live, what I’m doing, and where I’m going. With a sketchbook available, I always have entertainment – sketching people while waiting in line at Costco or the back of a pickup truck when stuck in traffic.

My sketchbox has traveled to Japan, Central America and Europe, and I can look at these and I’m immediately drawn back to what it was like to be there. I can remember exactly what was going on around me, even though it was years ago.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Plein Air

 Studio 106 says "Out Painting!"  We have had an amazing summer here so inviting to be outside!   
                                        Beautiful afternoon near Coupeville Ferry with my
                                         new Coulter paint box. Love it!

Low tide on Mutiny Bay point.


From a June trip with friends to Glacier Park. Painted Tepee Mountain.
                          It is a challenge to select a subject in the midst of the majesty everywhere,
                          as well as  staying anchored in the wind, and not be distracted by the big horn
                          sheep passing behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment